Design & Testing
Materials & Design:
- Our bags are not pouches. They actually have a side wall which allows for a much wider opening. When seconds count we wanted it to be as easy as possible to slip a device in... The large opening allows people under tremendous pressure to successfully remove the threat.
- Using Patented materials our bags contain a layer of Kevlar should the explosion be so violent as to launch dangerous projectiles at ballistic velocities. Our carbon liner has a temp rating of 3,000 degrees (F). Another layer is designed to withstand temps above 2,200 (F) for sustained periods of time. The bright safety orange exterior makes it easy to identify in the event of an emergency.
- Our bags are completely pliable, which makes them able to be rolled or folded, making storage in tight storage areas possible
- The materials used in our bags have been FAA certified (certificates available upon request). The tests conducted in accordance with Title 14 CFR, PART 25- Subpart D, § 25.853 (a) compartment interiors. [Amdt. 25-116, 69 FR 62788, Nov 26, 2004] Appendix F to Part 25, Part I (a)(1)(ii) [Amdt. 25-111, Eff. 9/2/2003] and FAA Compliant...
- Third Party (FAA Certified Lab) Testing Conclusion "... the containment bag provided an effective means of containing a laptop fire and thermal runaway of the Li-ion battery pack. The gloves to be used in placing the potential item into the bag are also adequate in providing heat and flame protection for the purpose of placing the item into the containment bag." Test documentation available upon request.
- Rapidly expanding gases released during a Lithium-Ion thermal runaway makes a containment bag expand and blow up like a balloon. Velcro will easily pull apart and release almost all of the dangerous smoke (possibly debris and flames as well) unless it is used on a pull over flap like our design. We conducted tests using small explosives to over emphasize our bags capacity to contain rapid expansion. Our explosion and fire containment bags passed these violent detonation tests with zero exterior damage and the flaps all held in place 100%.
- Our standard laptop bags were tested on many separate occasions with an overheated laptop, each containing a 3,500mAh - 4500mAh Lithium-Ion battery. The computers melted and burned during these 1 hour tests. The bags showed zero exterior damage. The pull over flaps combined with our carbon liner also absorbed a significant amount of smoke.
- Tests were conducted with an overheated laptop and cell phone battery (combined capacity of 8,000 mAh- twice as much power as a typical laptop). Our bag passed this test with 100% containment.
Learn why water and most extinguishers are a bad idea!
Watch our promo, demo, and test videos.
Learn about our Custom Size, Look, and Tolerance capabilities
Shop our standard selection of products now.