Battery Explosion & Fire Containment Bag - Small (Tablet-Phone)
Product SKU: FP-CON-SM-1
- 1 Fire Containment Bag (Small - Tablet/ Phone Sized)
- 1 Pair Fire Resistant Gloves
- 1 4" X 4" Vinyl Peel & Stick Placard "PED FIRE CONTAINMENT BAG LOCATED HERE"
- Each Bag Has Its Own Unique Serial Number for easier tracking and maintenance recording.
- Each Bag Undergoes A 5 Point Quality Control Inspection Before Shipping (an inspection sheet Certificate of Conformity is signed by the inspector and ships with EACH BAG)
- Each order ships with warranty info and annual inspection recommendations.
- Free Bag Replacement Lifetime Guarantee: When one of our bags is used to contain a fire we'll send a new one for free... (some conditions apply)
Tablet and Phone Size
14"W x 10"H x 2”D
Rolled up 6”X12” (WITH GLOVES ENCLOSED)
Weight = 22 oz
- The materials used in our bags have been FAA certified (certificates available upon request). The tests conducted in accordance with Title 14 CFR, PART 25- Subpart D, § 25.853 (a) compartment interiors. [Amdt. 25-116, 69 FR 62788, Nov 26, 2004] Appendix F to Part 25, Part I (a)(1)(ii) [Amdt. 25-111, Eff. 9/2/2003] and FAA Compliant...
- Third Party (FAA Certified Lab) Testing Conclusion "... the containment bag provided an effective means of containing a laptop fire and thermal runaway of the Li-ion battery pack. The gloves to be used in placing the potential item into the bag are also adequate in providing heat and flame protection for the purpose of placing the item into the containment bag." Test documentation available upon request.
- Rapidly expanding gases released during a Lithium-Ion thermal runaway makes a containment bag want to blow up like a balloon. Velcro will easily pull apart and release almost all of the dangerous smoke (possibly debris and flames as well) unless it is used on a pull over flap like our design. We conducted tests using small explosives to over emphasize our bags capacity to contain rapid expansion. Our explosion and fire containment bags passed these violent detonation tests with zero exterior damage and the flaps all held in place 100%.
- Our bags were tested on 4 separate occasions with an overheated laptop, each containing a 3,500mAh - 4500mAh Lithium-Ion battery. The computers melted and burned during these 1 hour tests. The bags showed zero exterior damage. The pull over flaps combined with our carbon liner also absorbed a significant amount of smoke.
- Tests were conducted with an overheated laptop and cell phone battery (combined capacity of 8,000 mAh- twice as much power as a typical laptop). Our bag passed this test with 100% containment.
Materials & Design:
- Our bags are not pouches. They actually have a side wall which allows for a much wider opening. When seconds count we wanted it to be as easy as possible to slip a device in... The large opening allows people under tremendous pressure to successfully remove the threat.
- Using Patented materials our bags contain a layer of Kevlar should the explosion be so violent as to launch dangerous projectiles at ballistic velocities. Our carbon liner has a temp rating of 3,000 degrees (F). The bright safety orange exterior makes it easy to identify in the event of an emergency.
- battery components). The bright safety orange exterior makes it easy to identify in the event of an emergency.
- Even with all this protection our bags are completely pliable, which makes them able to be rolled or folded, making storage in tight storage areas possible.
Why A Containment Bag? Why Not Water?
Lithium-ion batteries do not need oxygen to burn. Once they have ignited, contact with water will produce steam vapor. This vapor will likely be laced with extremely toxic heavy metals and be far more dangerous than smoke alone. Steam vapor penetrates more efficiently. Sinus and lung tissue would be very vulnerable should this happen (or even fabrics on board which could then require costly clean up and even replacement depending on the extent of the saturation).
There are many variables to consider, but we believe closing the threat into one of our bags and sealing it in a lavatory as quickly as possible is the best possible solution in most instances.
Visit This Page To Read Pilot Containment Bag Reviews.
Watch FAA Lab Tests
A List of Previous Customers Can Be Found Here.
Bag Storage/ Usage:
Please always store fire containment bags in a dry place out of direct sunlight (prolonged moisture or UV exposure can compromise bag strength). Our Containment Bags are intended for a single use.
We recommend an annual inspection on all Containment Bags. When conducting your inspection determine whether there are any tears or rips. Are there any signs of prolonged UV/ sunlight exposure (color fading), or signs of prolonged moisture exposure (discoloration, mildew, or mold)? If so, we recommend immediate replacement.
(Present your original invoice/ order details for 5% discount on all replacement bags. This offer is intended for replacement bags only.)
We offer a 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects. Please contact us via email to authorize bag replacement in the unlikely event of a defect.
We are proud of our bags... Our materials are state of the art and our testing is thorough... Feel free to Contact Us should you have any further questions.
Due too increased demand, orders of 20+ bags may require additional lead times.
Please Note: Handle overheating batteries & electronic devices at your own risk. Our Explosion and Fire Containment Bags are tough! They are designed to add another course of action in the event of an overheating electronics battery. Our bags greatly reduce the risk of bodily harm & property damage, but due to the nature of battery fires and the possibility of human error we cannot guarantee no harm or damage will result when using them. Once a bag has been used to contain an overheating device please order a replacement immediately.